By Martin Jones,Rhys Jones,Michael Woods,Mark Whitehead,Deborah Dixon,Matthew Hannah
An advent to Political Geography maintains to supply a broad-based advent to modern political geography for college students following undergraduate measure classes in geography and comparable topics.
The text explores the entire breadth of latest political geography, masking not just conventional issues comparable to the country, geopolitics, electoral geography and nationalism; but additionally expanding very important components on the state-of-the-art of political geography learn together with globalization, the geographies of legislation and governance, geographies of coverage formula and supply, and topics on the intersection of political and cultural geography, together with the politics of position intake, landscapes of energy, citizenship, identification politics and geographies of mobilization and resistance.
This moment edition builds at the strengths of the 1st. the most adjustments and improvements are:
- four new chapters on: political geographies of globalization, geographies of empire, political geography and the surroundings and geopolitics and significant geopolitics
- significant updating and revision of the present chapters to debate key advancements, drawing on contemporary educational contributions and political events
- new case stories, drawing on increasingly more overseas and worldwide examples
- additional bins for key options and an enlarged glossary.
As with the 1st version, vast use is made from case learn examples, illustrations, explanatory packing containers, publications to extra studying and a word list of key words to give the cloth in an simply available demeanour. via employment of those suggestions this book introduces scholars to contributions from quite a number social and political theories within the context of empirical case examine examples. by means of delivering a easy creation to such strategies and pointing to pathways into extra professional fabric, this ebook serves either as a center textual content for first- and moment- 12 months classes in political geography, and as a source along supplementary textbooks for extra expert 3rd yr courses.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Political Geography: Space, Place and Politics PDF
Best human geography books
Sound Tracks is the 1st complete ebook at the new geography of well known track, interpreting the advanced hyperlinks among areas, track and cultural identities. It offers an interdisciplinary standpoint on neighborhood, nationwide and worldwide scenes, from the 'Mersey' and 'Icelandic' sounds to 'world music', and explores the various meanings of track in a variety of nearby contexts.
This scholarly but obtainable publication explores the social anthropology of Malta in the context of nearby cultural alternate among the Maltese and their pals. members to Malta's wealthy cultural improvement were the Phoenicians, Carthaginians, Sicilians, Greeks, Romans, Berbers, Arabs, Turks, Normans, Spaniards, French, British, and others.
Ce quantity inédit de l’Université de tous les savoirs fait le element sur los angeles Chine actuelle, entre modernité et culture : remark définir le régime politique chinois d’aujourd’hui ? Quelle est de nos jours los angeles position de los angeles Chine dans le monde ? Quels sont les différents elements de l. a. vie culturelle et intellectuelle chinoise ?
This quantity describes learn in computational layout which implements form grammars or area syntax for morphological research, making use of those medical and rule-based methodologies to cultural features of the sector. The time period ‘cultural DNA’ describes the trouble to discover computational layout from the views of a meme, a socio-cultural analogy to genes.
- Dwelling in Resistance: Living with Alternative Technologies in America (Nature, Society, and Culture)
- Gentrification as a Global Strategy: Neil Smith and Beyond (Routledge Critical Studies in Urbanism and the City)
- Human Ecology as Human Behavior: Essays in Environmental and Developmental Anthropology
- From Rice Fields to Killing Fields: Nature, Life, and Labor under the Khmer Rouge (Syracuse Studies in Geography)
- Uneven Development: Nature, Capital, and the Production of Space
Additional info for An Introduction to Political Geography: Space, Place and Politics
An Introduction to Political Geography: Space, Place and Politics by Martin Jones,Rhys Jones,Michael Woods,Mark Whitehead,Deborah Dixon,Matthew Hannah